First of all it is essential to cut out some foods and drinks in the evening hours before you go to sleep: Caffein found in coffee or several types of tea obviously can disturb your sleep. But did you know that also chocolate gives you too much energy and should be avoided? Other than that you should avoid any form of alcohol or other ingredients found in energy drinks for example, like Mate or Guarana.
A lot of rejuvenation appears in the body as well as the mind while you sleep. Among other procedures, your body releases a lot of toxins and is concerned with regulation your body processes while you sleep to fix all of the damage that is done. For this reason it's important that you have a normal and healthy sleeping schedule.
Here's a list of natural remedies that can help you get better sleep
- Go to sleep and awaken in exactly the same times daily. Regulating your sleeping schedule can have a tremendous impact on the quality of your sleep.
- Exercise can enhance your sleep quality. Especially physical activities that focus on balance such as yoga can help you get a better night of sleep.
- it is extremely crucial that you stabilize your blood glucose in the time before you retire for the night. If you are one of the people that need snacks that's acceptable but they need to be balanced and not include processed carbs or sugar. Opt in for something healthy like a handful of macadamia nuts, for example.
- Don't watch tv right before sleep and try to avoid anything with a screen. Scientists have found that this can disturb your sleeping cycle. Especially action movies that will get you excited can keep you awake longer when you actually try to get some sleep.
- Your bedroom needs to be completely dark. No clock radio, lights or light that is outdoor of any sort. Your brain remains receiving light stimuli that may reduce melatonin levels, despite the fact that your eyes are shut.
- Meditation can quiet your brain, reduce anxiety and allow you to get clear on what's significant which means that your head isn't rushing. Practice proper breathing for 5 minutes daily. This may help reduce anxiety and to alkalize your body.
Watch this video for even more!